Late Birthday Present

Sometimes it is nice living in a small town where everybody knows everybody.  I was surprised today by seeing an article about me on the front page of the local newspaper, the Albany Herald.  My neighbor and close friend Rachelle Bitterman who works for the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce mentioned to Carlton Fletcher, the metro editor of the Albany Herald, about my 200 mile bike ride.  I knew that the interview that I had with Mr. Fletcher was going to be in today's Sunday paper, but I had no idea that I would have my photograph on the front page.

I hope my message about driving while distracted reaches more people. Cyclist and pedestrians need access to roads without fear of being hit by a motor vehicle.
Lonnie Wormley - photo taken by Carlton Fletcher, Albany Herald

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

St. Patty's Day Smack Down

Go to a whole new level