Civil Rights Fountain

I was thinking about a newspaper article telling the story of police getting tickets to black cycles in Tampa Florida.  This is a picture of my bike at the civil rights near downtown Albany Georgia.

Earlier on my bike commute this morning I will pass by a black man on a bike on his way to work. I was stopped with other cars at a busy intersection facing a red light. The black man rode through the red light. we exchanged pleasantries and wished each other a good morning. I wondered if there was a police present  would either of us have been asked to prove that we owned our bikes.

I thought the civil rights struggle was over apparently its still going on for cyclist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

St. Patty's Day Smack Down

Go to a whole new level