Sunday Summer Night Ryder

Sunday nights are a lot of fun for me.  In the summer I love to ride my bike around in the dark.  The sound of cicadas, crickets and frogs fills the night with a symphony of sound as I listen to my bicycle cassette keeping tempo.

My heart is racing at the Ray Charles memorial in downtown Albany, GA

I use to never worry about matching my cycling gear.  Until moving to Georgia I only bought black cycling shorts and jerseys that were on sale.  I would always grab what ever was on top in my drawer and hit the road.  When I started riding with a cycling group here in Albany, I started wearing bib shorts with matching jersey tops.  Well now I am getting back to my style, kit bashing and wearing what ever is on top of the pile .  Tonight my heart was racing but my legs knew better.


Kit Bashing
Meandering through Albany neighborhoods and winding into downtown is one of my favorite things to do on my bike.  The peace and solitude of being on a bike and not caring where I end up is very relaxing.  Sometimes I stop and talk to friends that I see and wave to folks as I pass by while they are sitting on their porches.

I almost got some rain as I rode.  The sky were really dark and there was lightning all around, but no thunder. I love riding in the ran especially in the early evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness