Be Brave When You Ride

I had to stop on 8 Mile road to take off my outer shell as I was getting too warm.  The Seven is fully operational as a commuter at the moment.  Updates will be getting the dynamo light and a new quick mount rear rack that has a lower profile behind my seat.


Today I road a Full Cycle Thunder Commute to work.  I road the route that I was riding on March 17, 2014.  I was thinking about Franklin D. Roosevelt's famous quote.

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt 

As I rode past the fire station on HYW 91 I realized that being brave is not ever being afraid, but being brave is overcoming your fear.  I am so glad to be able to ride to and from work again.  I know that I will soon put to rest all of my feelings of frustration of missing almost a year of riding my bike and just be glad that I am here to ride another day.

Here are my favorite quote by me:

When someone ask why I ride my bicycle so much, I reply, I bike for chocolate.
When my body tells me to slow down my brain says, Ride today so that you can ride tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness