Battery Free At Last

This is version 1.0 for my dynamo light install.  I used the existing bracket from my Niterider Pro 1800 head light.  I used almost 30 zip ties for this install.  I am thinking that once I have the light positions finalized I will order some wire with more rubber protection and have the ends made professionally.

Headlight mounted on Niterider bracket. Red object is my Garmin 810

Headlight mounted on Niterider bracket. Red object is my Garmin 810
I have a B&M Luxos U that I purchased from Peter White  Cycles.  I have been corresponding with Peter and Linda White for about two years before making this purchase.  I must say that they are a great company to purchase bicycle gear from.  I usually know what I want, but in this case I was clueless about dynamo lighting.  I read their web site for months and then I send them an email.  they responded and answered all of my questions.

I ordered the SON Delux first and send it to Podium Multi Sport. Podium is where I had my bike fit and they were building my bike.  I wanted the SON to be built into my front wheel until i decided on what light to use.
Front fork with SON Delux.  Red objects are the incorrect Imperial connectors. They are taped with electrical tape to prevent contact.  I will order the correct Metric connectors for version 2.0 

Front fork with SON Delux.  Red objects are the incorrect Imperial connectors.


Headlight mounted on Niterider bracket.

Taillight which is a B&M Secula Plus

Taillight which is a B&M Secula Plus
The tail light is good to go.  It is the head light that I want to move.  It is too high on my handle bars.  I would prefer a bracket so that the head light is positioned below the handle bars and attach to the stem.

I appreciate all of the comments and links to brackets that may provide a solution.  One of the latest ideas is to look at GoPro bracket systems.  I will continue to look at these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness