Sunday Evening Ride for March 9, 2014

I may be starting a new tradition in my cycling routine.  I clean my bike Sunday afternoon to remove a week's worth of grime.  then I go for an evening night ride through the city of Albany, GA.

Last Sunday was the first really warm evening and I rode my bike without any winter sleeves or leggings.  When I rode past turtle Park it was still full of families and couples enjoying the nice early spring evening.  As I toured downtown i took some pictures of St. Paul's Episcopal Church.

St. Paul's Episcopal Church

St. Paul's Episcopal Church

St. Paul's Episcopal Church

St. Paul's Episcopal Church

I was experimenting with my Samsung Note 3's ability via Android to take panorama images and remove moving objects from the final image.  Several cars past while I was taking some of these images.

I am riding around town in "fixed gear" mode.  This means I am not shifting and I am riding in my hardest gear. Starting from a stop light is real fun cause I have to stand up and crank for a long time to get rolling.  It is really flat in Albany Georgia so I have to create imaginary hills.  riding around in my hardest gear (52:11) is the only way that I know to build up strength on a bike to pedal real hills.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness