My Serotta needs a new coat of paint.

I cleaned my bike last Sunday.  I decided to take some pictures of the rust spots on the frame.  Even as I consider my options for getting a newer lighter bike I want to preserve the Serotta for bike commuting.
Under the chain stay rust

Under chain stay rust

Under bottom bracket rust
Under bottom bracket rust

Under the top tube rust

Under the top tube rust


I really love this bike and it pains me to see the rust encroaching on the frame.  Hopefully when I do get a new bike I can then take this bike apart and have it restored.  I may consider getting it powder coated.

Comments

  1. You know, Lonnie, you can always have the frame media blasted and powdercoated. Might cost you a couple hundred bucks, but it's cheaper than a new CroMo frame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness