Ortlieb and Jandd Rack Live to Ride Again

My bike right after getting it from Cycle World bike shop.  I had a new taller seat post and had my rear rack mounted.

This rear Expedition Rear Rack Tall Boy - 29er by Jandd was purchased in 2002. Rated for 75 pounds

Here is my bike with the Ortliebs Back-Roller Classic. These were purchased in 2002 in Portland, OR

The well worn product label

Rear view of the bike.
Today I completed my commuter bike build.  I am not going to be doing my normal 15 mile loop through the countryside bike commute for a while.  riding my road bike for a short commute takes too much time to put on the extra gear.  This bike allows me to quickly get on it in street clothes and take a short ride to work rather slowly without breaking a sweat.

My goal has always been to keep one less car on the road.  So this bike,, while it will not be my choice for riding 50 miles, it certainly is a bike that I will use on short trips to work and to the store.  I can easily carry plenty of stuff in my bike bags without any balancing issues.  The low profile of these bags re perfect for caring large bulky items.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness