Road Bike Road Test


Today after the my 10 minute commute home I decided to ride my road bike.  My orthopedic surgeon , Dr. Pilcher, told me this week during my check up that I could ride my big boy bike.  For the past few weeks I have been riding my cruiser.  I love my cruiser, but it does not give me the special feeling that I get when I ride my road bike.

I wanted to see how much power I had left in my hip.  I wanted to see if I could stand up and pedal without any problems.  The only problems that I am having with my hip is that the joint takes a while to warm up and get loose.  My  surgeon told me that I would experience this feeling for about a year.  In any event it took about 5 miles before I really felt like i was riding without being lopsided.

I had fun.  This ride was a shake down to prepare for my bike commute tomorrow morning.  I am going to take the road bike to work for bike commute number two in 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness