Cox Landing W. Oakridge Drive Loop

Ride Data


Ride Description

Today I wanted to ride one of the routes that I use to consider boring and easy.  The Flint Riverfront Trail is a short 3 mile paved trail that runs from downtown Albany to Cox Landing.  I say that I use to consider this boring because today it was the most exciting ride that I have had in a long time. 

I have written this about my Blog before, but I will state it again, I write this Blog to inspire me.  I have been through a lot of things that have prevented me from riding my bike in the past.  When I have been injured or I am in a depressed mood for some reason, I read my Blog and get inspired by my own words of inspiration about cycling.

Broad Street Bridge

My bike on the Broad Street Bridge
I took a picture similar to this one with my road bike on one of my 25 mile bike commutes.

Here is my cockpit.  Once again I have a rear view mirror mounted on my handlebars.  the last time I had a handlebar mounted mirror was last century.

Look ma, no cycling jersey!.  Flint river looking north with RR trestle in the background.

Flint river looking north with RR trestle in the background.

Storm Damage On The Trial

There were lots of trees were blown down all along the river trail.  The trail was cleared long before my ride

There were lots of trees were blown down all along the river trail.  The trail was cleared long before my ride

There were lots of trees were blown down all along the river trail.  The trail was cleared long before my ride

New Pavement On The Road To The Dam

This dam road use to be a gravel road, now it is paved

This dam road use to be a gravel road, now it is paved

I use to ride this dam road to the dam and cars would cause lots of dust.  now it is paved and easy to get to the dam.
Dam road leads to a dam, Georgia Power Flint River Dam

Lake Worth spillway.


Ride Epilogue

Once again I am at Loews getting parts for my home projects.  Trailer hitch bike rack forces me to take up two spaces in a parking lot.

After the bike ride I fixed the fenders which were rubbing the tires. I threw my Topek multi-tool in my rear trunk bag just like old times.  In my current edition as a cyclist I am back to a state of not worrying about how much weight I am carting. I have ordered a new standard length seat post for the bke.  the original owner was really short and the existing seat post was cut short.  i have it as high as it wil go and I need about three more inches.  I also ordered some real bike rack rails so I can mount my Ortliebs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness