National Bike Challenge 2015 - Platinum Badge

I earned my Platinum Badge on June 11, 1015 by earning 2,500 points int the National Bike Challenge. Below are some information graphics showing progress thus far int eh challenge. the goal of this challenge it to promote bicycling during the best season of the year.  time to get out thee and ride your bike.

For me the challenge is allowing me to hold fast to my goal of cycling everyday and building up my endurance for the long 100+ mile rides that I enjoy so much.  There are some heavy hitters in this challenge.  Some folks are riding 80 to 100 miles or more a day.  I am setting a goal of riding at least 1,000 miles a month and still maintain a happy wife and a happy life.

The statics do not show it, but most of my miles that I ride my bicycle are commuting back and forth to work. I average 25 to 33 miles each way between my work place and my home.  This is the time of year that I really enjoy riding my bike.  The days are long and the weather has some surprises like afternoon thunder showers. I love riding in the warm rain of summer.

For the month of June Lonnie is ranked 4th in the state of Georgia's 1,626 participants
For the month of June Lonnie is ranked 106th in the U.S. out of 84,879 participants
After two months Lonnie is ranked 6th in the state of Georgia's 1,626 participants
After tow months Lonnie is ranked 102nd in the U.S. out of 84,879 participants
Albany State is ranked number one in the State of Georgia out of 9 participants
Albany State is ranked 25th in the U.S.out of 202 participants

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Strava Segment Madness

Go to a whole new level