BCC Lion Says Get Up And Ride

I rode to work in one of my new Bicycle Commuter Cabal jerseys. I was watching it all weekend as it lay on a sofa in a bedroom. It kept begging me to put it on and go for a ride.
I did no ride much this weekend. I usually sleep late so I miss morning group rides on Saturday and Sunday was filled with home projects.  For me the main advantage for bike commuting is that I get to ride my bike during the week and I can chillax on the weekends with my wife and friends. When I do ride on weekends it is usually an organized charity ride or a staycation century+ to a hotel.
Today the lion roared at 3:45 AM. I got up suited up and headed out to do the Leary Loop. My goal was to see if I could get to work in under three hours.
I saw one live armadillo and one live Zombie Raccoon. This is the third armadillo that I have seen this month.
I made it to work in three hours plus a minute thirty seconds. Riding strong in the morning when it is in the seventies is easier than riding in the afternoon when it is ninety five.
I bought some new cycling socks on Saturday. They are 200 TPI compression socks. I have never had socks like this. Today they relieved my sore feet.
My new BCC jersey
The lion that roared me awake
My new Swift Wick socks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Strava Segment Madness

Go to a whole new level