61st birthday ride


View Jenny Lane to Tallahasse in a larger map

On April 16, 2013 I am planning on riding double my age in miles. I was born in 1952, so I am turning 61 which means I am planning on riding 122 miles. The game of riding double your age was a game that I played with some cycling buddies when I lived in Portland, Oregon. I have never done a ride on my exact birthday, usually I ride the weekend after or before. This will be the first time since my 50th birthday that I am riding double my age. The game had a disclaimer that said that after 50 you could ride your age. I have been riding more regularly than ever so I am confident that I can do this ride. In January I rode round trip to Thomasville logging in 140 miles just to get a What A Burger.

This ride is going be my first one way ride long distance (for me over 100 miles) ride.  My wife Sylvia is going meet me when I finish and give me a ride home. I am riding my bike from my home in Albany, GA to a small town south of Tallahassee, FL called St. Mark's.  I will get from Tallahassee to St. Mark's via the rails to trails St. Mark's Historic Railroad State Trail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Strava Segment Madness

Go to a whole new level