Just Being On A Bike


I have learned that true happiness does not include the phrase "in order to be".  For me I am happiest when I am just being in the moment.  In this phase of my bicycling life I am just being on a bike.

What does it mean for me when I say I am just being on a bike?  I will list some of the reasons. I am not riding my bike "in order to be...":
  1. ...healthy.
  2. ...faster and ride with the A group.
  3. ...in shape for a 200 mile bike ride.
  4. ...at the top of the Strava leader board.
  5. ...to have a 250 mile a week average.
  6. ...to ride 10,000 miles in one calendar year. 
Today I rode my bike and I was just being on my bike.  It is just a coincidence that while I was on my bike being happy I also transported myself to and from work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness