Lily Pond road Sprint Zone

I rode to work this morning a few pounds lighter than usual.  I decided to leave my "winter" seat post bag at home.  Today was going to be a wonderful ride with no fear of cold or fowl weather so arm warmers were all I had on for extra clothing.  The temperature dropped to 40 degrees, but I did not care because I was going to ride fast.

It is going to take a while for me to get use to riding out of the saddle without my bike bag.  The bike is so much lighter that it flops around when the seat post and bag are not attached when I am out of the saddle.



To the point, I wanted to make note of the fact that I am sprinting during my morning commute.  The sprint zone I selected is right at the bottom of a slight rise as I come out of a low land marsh area all the way until I cross from the country road into the city at HWY 91.  I usually get to this point of the ride in about one hour and some change.  My goal is to make it here in under one hour.  Lately it has been taking me one hour and 5 to 10 minutes.  Today I decided to sprint extra hard to see if I could break the one hour mark for the first time this year.  I did it in 59:04.

The purpose of this posting is mostly for me, but it helps to share these thoughts to the real world so that they become facts to my subconscious. There is a little voice in my head that tells me that I can not sprint.  There is another voice in my head that says yes you can sprint, just keep trying. I love playing games with my bicycle.

Inspiration courtesy of the PCP Race Team,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness