Early Spring Ride Home

I am always excited when the days get longer.  When daylight savings starts I know it is the time to start riding my longer routes when I bike commute.  Yesterday evening I took my route on Mud Creek Road.  Taking this route adds about seven miles to my ride home.

I stopped to take a phone call from my wife because my Garmin tracking had stopped and she was wondering what happened.  After I restarted it I decided to take some pictures of Leary Road.  Normally I do not stop on this road to take pictures.  I am going to be taking more pictures of my world in the future.  One of the main reasons that I ride my bike is to enjoy being outdoors.  When I stop to take pictures, I take time to enjoy the moment of not moving and I actually notice how beautiful the world is.

Truck traffic on Leary Road.  Milo Pecan orchard in the background.  Testing the stopping power of the camera in this Samsung Note 3

This is what I call a double stacker.  Two trucks back to back so I get twice the wind thrown at me.


Art shot of the Milo Pecan orchard. I love Leary Road for the nice "bike lane".
Right before I get to Mud Creek there is a hill with an old tree farm fire lookout tower.  Makes me feel like I am back in Oregon for a minute

Really having fun now.  Lots of "plantations" down here where you can hunt quail.

On my way down Gillionville I ran into the PCP race team.  They wee coming out from Tallahassee Road.  They were kind enough to give me a two mile head start before they over took me.  I tried to keep up with them, but I was hauling ten pounds of commuter stuff in my bag.  At least that is my excuse.

The PCP team sure looked graceful as they pulled away.  They looked like a flock of geese as the peloton was in an echelon formation the take advantage of the slight cross wind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness