Spring forward

Well I have 2,049 Kilometers (1273.19 miles) under my belt this year.  I started bike commuting on a regular basis last September.  I am glad that it is finally daylight savings time because I was getting tired of riding in the dark during the week.  I have not been able to ride my bike on the weekends because of home projects and other family activities that do not involve cycling.  I am glad that I rode during the cold dark days of winter.  Now I  can start to ride longer after work and still have some daylight to enjoy.  I really like riding down the country roads around Albany, GA.

My personality is one that I get bored doing the same thing over and over.  When I am doing something that is routine like a bike commute I try to make it interesting by taking different routes or by noticing how the seasons change as i ride the same route.  When it is dark i can not see anything so I get lost in my thoughts.  getting lost in thought is OK for me most of the time, but on my bike I really want to forget my thoughts and just relax and enjoy the ride.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times when I love getting lost in thought on my bike.  When I am on long rides I need to get lost in thought so I can forget that I am riding my bike and I will not freak out and stop riding because I'm tired.  Sometimes I'll have an amazing break through in solving a problem on my bike.

I am just glad to mark the start of the spring riding season.  as the days get warmer I will forget the cold of winter and look forward to complaining about the mosquitoes and the heat of summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Strava Segment Madness

Go to a whole new level