Town And Country Evening Ride

Last night for my evening ride I decided to do my old bike commute to the Albany State Radium Springs campus. I rode this route for several years when I worked there. Now I work on the Albany State Gillonville campus, The Albany State Radium Springs campus commute route that I love is 25 miles. The Albany State Radium Springs campus direct commute is about 8 miles. The Albany State Gillonville campus direct commute is 4.68 miles.
Albany Georgia Downtown Skyline from Broad Street Bridge at Sunset

Albany Georgia Downtown Skyline from Broad Street Bridge at Sunset

I love this 25 mile commute because it takes me out on country roads and then brings me into the inner city and downtown.  Last night I rode this route and then after leaving the campus I then rode north and looped into the country roads in Lee county  My love for riding my bike on warm summer nights is a passion that I found once I had a lighting system on my bike that allows me to see and be seen on dark country roads.

This is the longest ride that I have done this year.  If I had to grade my titanium hip based on my cycling performance I would say that it is 80% back to normal.  The only thing that I notice after riding my bike is that my right Gastrocnemius Medial head  muscle will cramp hours after my bike ride.

My average speed slowed down a bit when I was looping through downtown hitting Pokemon Go Stops.  It was nice seeing the community out enjoying the evening around the river front park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Strava Segment Madness

Go to a whole new level