The Cobbles of Baconton

For the second day in a row I took my bike commute down south of Albany to the town of Newton.  the route from Newton to Albany goes through the town of Baconton via the historic Dixie Highway, old Georgia State Route 3.  The Dixie highway between Camilla, GA and the Albany City limits is some of the bumpiest road that I know of.  I have nicknamed it the Cobbles of Baconton.  I love riding on the Dixie Highway because it is so low traffic and scenic, but the bumps sometimes really get to me.  Well this week I decided to disappear my dislike for the bumps by riding it more than once.

I am always in training so riding the Cobbles of Baconton will prepare me for longer rides and help me to comply with Velominati rule number 5.

It is a rare occasion that I am number one in the standings, but as of 9/1/2015 at 11:40 AM I am in first place.  I am sure as other rides post their mileage I will fall out of this spot, but for now I am enjoying it.

The Dixie Highway goes through some large pecan orchards.  Local pecan growers are being bought out by a large company based in Texas, National Pecan Co.  I spotted a few of their new signs on orchards this week.
Pecan orchard

Big moon was great for the first two hours of riding in the dark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness