My Next Bike

I always said that my next bike would have disc brakes.   When I am going down a mountain road approaching 60 MPH and I am on an outside turn and I drop my inside leg out to gently lean my bike into the turn, I want to have the confidence that as I tap by brakes to limit my speed that I will not be heating up my rim.  When a cycling tire gets over heated from the heat transferred from the brake pad contacting with the rim it can cause a tire failure and that is not pretty.

I have always wanted to ride the Death Ride in the county of Alpine California.  I knew my old Serotta was not up to this ride, but my next bike will be purchased with this event as a goal.  I will not make it to the ride this year, but I will train for it in 2015.

Here is my short list so far.

Endurance bike frames

Trek Domane 6.9 not shown with disc brakes. Bike Radar has a nice review of the bike.
Orbeca Avant M10D In Atlanta Podium MS sells this bike
Felt Z2 In Atlanta Podium MS sells this bike
Focus Izalco Ergoride 2.0 In Atlanta Podium MS sells this bike
Parlee Z5 SLi In Atlanta Podium MS sells this bike
Roubaix SL4

Wheels

I hope these can be hand built with the Ultegra 6870 disc hub.

Group Set

Not much to say here except that my preferred group set is Shimano Ultegra 6870 disc

Commuter bikes

Focus Planet/Urban Podium MS sells this bike

Violagi

Robert Choi of Volagi Stops by with a Liscio2 Disc Road Bike

I am falling in love with this bike.  The more I read about it the more I feel that it will serve me well as a long distance bicycle.

What is Volagi?

I would have to be nuts not to buy this bike.

Liscio, ride impressions

This is what I remember about cycling in the northwest. I really have to thank +RonNog for turning me on to this bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness