Mid Night Ride through Albany

I have not done a mid night ride in a long time.  The last ride that I did from one day to the next was when I was visiting my son in Lincoln Nebraska.  I rode around at night just to see what the city was like after dark.  I use to ride on mid night rides on a regular basis in Portland, Oregon with the Shift Bicycle Club.

Well tonight I finished installing an Ikea entertainment and storage wall unit for Sylvia. That is the subject of another story on my other blog, Screws In My Coffee.  I needed to ride 15 miles to make my goal of 200 miles for this week.  I thought about blowing it off as it was really late, but I had another goal to ride my bike every day which I need to do.  so I got ready for my daily ride.

As it turned out as usual once I start riding I cannot stop so I ended up riding for a good while.  first I decided to get some grub.  I knew that in Albany, GA on a Sunday night the choices would be slim.  i decided to stop at the Wendy's which I was sure would be open.  Wendy's indoor service was closed so I tried the drive though window.  I was refused service because I was not on a motorized vehicle.  I decided to ride up to the McDonald's. The McDonald;'s was open with inside seating until midnight so I got a small burger and iced coffee and read some news on my phone.

After eating I rode a big loop around Albany though downtown past Albany State and then came home.  I wanted to ride at least 15 miles on Sunday.  At 11:59 PM I stopped the ride and started a new one to continue home.

It was a fun mid night ride through the fog.  I rode my mountain bike last night across the golf course.  I moved my light to my helmet so I could ride at night on my mountain bike.  Tonight I did not mount the light back on my road bike for the ride so I rode with it on my helmet.  I had forgotten how much better it is to ride with my light on my helmet.  the light adds so little weight to my helmet that I may keep it there for a while.  Riding through fog is better with the light above my eyes so that I do not have to look through the light as it bounces off of the foggy mist.  When the light is above my eyes I like to see the fog streaming above my head.

Here are the ride results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness