Dougherty County-Albany linking up trails

I was on the local news on January 19, 2016.  I have been going to meetings for a few years now working on the Broad Street Bridge and now rails to trails and other multi use trails in Albany, GA.  I was quite surprised when I was asked to speak to two local news companies to talk about cycling.  Here is a link to the WALB article.


Posted: Jan 19, 2016 8:25 PM PST
Updated: Jan 19, 2016 8:32 PM PST
By Sade Hurst 
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -Some Albany area leaders envision an intricate system of inter-connected trails and parks they hope will help transform the city.
They started work Tuesday on a new Greenway System master plan.
Soon, multiple trails along the Flint River and throughout Albany and Dougherty County may be linked together. And many people can't wait.
"I  love riding my bike and I am really happy that we're going to have more infrastructure that's safer to get more people riding their bikes here in Albany," said cyclist Lonnie Wormley.  


Photo by Sade Hurst WALB news Albany, GA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness