The smells on a bike commute

Today on my short ride home I decided to stop and take a picture of my bike next to the new Mars sign.  When I first started bike commuting here in Albany, GA I discovered the location of the Mars plant.  I had heard that they were here, but I never knew where it was until I started riding my bike.

As usual when you are in a car you can not smell the world around you like you can on a bike.  When I lived in Portland I would love to smell the smells of hops and the beer brewing from the Henry Weinhard's plant as I rode through downtown.  Here in Albany I love the smell of roasting peanuts and chocolate when I am downwind from the Mars plant.

East facing side

West facing side


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1999 Serotta Rapid Tour

Go to a whole new level

Strava Segment Madness